No poem or prayer seems to do the trick.
No words or song quite fit this feast.
It’s Advent and Epiphany and Lent all rolled into one.
Hoping, Seeking, Desert Wandering.Christmas and Easter and Pentecost too.
No words or song quite fit this feast.
It’s Advent and Epiphany and Lent all rolled into one.
Hoping, Seeking, Desert Wandering.Christmas and Easter and Pentecost too.
The whole bunch have arrived at my doorstep.
Their billowing liturgical colors bleeding together.
“Have hopeful expectation,” calls out Advent.
“But better be on your knees,” adds Lent,
“Should there be a need.”
Their billowing liturgical colors bleeding together.
“Have hopeful expectation,” calls out Advent.
“But better be on your knees,” adds Lent,
“Should there be a need.”
The Magi stop by for a drink.
Following Epiphany around makes for a lot of
Repetitiveness, it turns out.
At dusk the light keeps turning up,
And they’ve dedicated themselves to greeting it.
Following Epiphany around makes for a lot of
Repetitiveness, it turns out.
At dusk the light keeps turning up,
And they’ve dedicated themselves to greeting it.
Christmas and Easter stand together in a corner.
Pixie dust gold wafting around them.
Like Mothers watching their toddlers from another room.
We see each other, but they are
End-of-the-week Merrymakers.
Pixie dust gold wafting around them.
Like Mothers watching their toddlers from another room.
We see each other, but they are
End-of-the-week Merrymakers.
I ask Pentecost for a private conversation.
Veni Sancte Spiritus into the next room over.
“I know it’s not technically your season,” I say.
“I’ve rented my room for the week,” she replies,
“Day or night, just give me a ring.”
Veni Sancte Spiritus into the next room over.
“I know it’s not technically your season,” I say.
“I’ve rented my room for the week,” she replies,
“Day or night, just give me a ring.”
Trying to pretend sleep will come,
I see them off to their cathedrals and chapels,
They’re a lovely bunch, but the dullness of
A summer visit from Proper 23
Sounds altogether wonderful to me.
I see them off to their cathedrals and chapels,
They’re a lovely bunch, but the dullness of
A summer visit from Proper 23
Sounds altogether wonderful to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment